Friday, July 13, 2007

As you go...

From today's Sacred Gateway reading:

As you go, proclaim the good news. The kingdom of heaven has come near. Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. You received without payment; give without payment. Take no gold, or silver, or copper in your belts, no bag for your journey, or two tunics, or sandals, or a staff; for labourers deserve their food.

--Matthew 10:7-10


When I think of the first line, I imagine someone wearing a strong perfume which diffuses into the air as he/she walks by. As you go, let the good news emanate from who you are.

The kingdom of heaven has come near.

You know, I really don't know how to reflect on this, sitting in the Computer Lab at the Institute of Biological Sciences, UM.

Somehow in this shift to uni life, God has become both distant and near. I find myself cut off from the so-called Christian support I had back at home (books, family, friends etc.) but yet I find this place more conducive to a disciplined life.

It is also a simpler, less cluttered life. Alissa might say this is partly due to the fact that I don't have my SLR with me. Which might be true.

My other half is across the South China Sea, and that has also exerted its influence on my present life.

As you go...

I'm going. Going? Gone.


His kingdom is here.

1 comment:

Foreign Stranger said...

His kingdom is here indeed. How we forget that we are its heralds.