Thursday, August 30, 2007

Chapel in the Faculty


The Wednesday Science Faculty Care Group (CG) met at DK3 (Dewan Kuliah--Lecture Hall--3) yesterday.

I have lectures for two subjects there (Life Processes and Biology of Organisms), but it was only yesterday that it struck me that DK3 looks very much like a chapel. If you observe the picture above, the lectern could be the pulpit, and the long table the altar. The overhead projector can be used to display song lyrics.

The seats are technically long benches made of wood, and there's a very pew-like feel about it. Also the cushioned backrests and made of that very same material as the kneeling 'platforms' (I don't know what they're called!).

Oh well, the wonders of imagination.


In discussing the Lord's Prayer during CG, I realised that Satan doesn't obscure knowledge from us as much as he attempts to prevent us from putting that knowledge into practice. And then comes the thinking that the knowledge is sufficient. And then comes the pride and laziness and complacency.

Meeting up for prayer last night, in conjunction with World Students' Week, was good.

I need to pray more. I need to learn to lock myself up in a room and throw everything aside. I need to get up earlier in the morning and pray when all else is still.

I need to be still.

O Lord, help me to be still and wait upon you. In my busy, busy life, help me to be still.

No comments: